I finally got around to buying Urban Decay Primer Potion which I'm sure as we all know has reached cult status. Everyone seems to love it! I on the other hand I have been using L'Oreal Decrease which I felt would be comparable to UDPP.
- It does REALLY intensify eyeshadow color
- It is easy to use
- A little goes a long way
- It is a neutral color so you can use any shadow over it.
- Makes eyeshadow look and feel fresh all day long
- Price. $17 for something that goes UNDER your shadow??
- In my opinion, it can be a bit tacky which may lead to blending problems at first
- Packaging is oh so cute but its impossible to get all the primer out without eventually chopping it up.
L'Oreal Decrease Pros:
- Intensifies eyeshadow
- Helps it look and feel fresh all day
- neutral color
- CHEAP! AT 4.99, sometimes less with coupons this is a STEAL.
- Readily available
- Blending is a breeze with this product
- It is kind of small
- It doesnt intensify shadows as much as UDPP, but only by a small margin.
These are swatches of Bright Fuchsia pigment on my hand. The top left is UDPP, the top right is L'Oreal Decrease, and the bottom is no primer at all. As you can see, primer makes all the difference! When I swatched these, the UDPP swatch was a bit brighter than the L'oreal swatch, but I like the dry formula of Decrease on the right which makes blending effortless. The bottom swatch with no primer looks pretty good in the picture but in actuality it was flaking off pretty badly :)
In my opinion, L'Oreal Decrease is the winner! I prefer its formula over UDPP, and its cheaper and readily available! But that doesnt mean I'll stop using my UDPP. It all depends on the mood I am in. What do you think??